Heating Repair & Service
A fully-functional heating system is an important element of your home, especially if you live in areas with a cool climate. It is necessary to create a safe, comfortable, and warm environment in your home. As with cooling systems, they require regular maintenance and servicing in order to function effectively and efficiently.
We, at McIntire HVAC, provide maintenance services for a wide range of residential heating systems, such as electrical central heating, heat pumps, furnaces, and boilers, among others. Our team comprises a group of experienced professionals who are well-equipped to help you with all your heating service needs.
Greencastle Heating Repair
Does your heating system need maintenance? In order to determine whether or not your heating system requires servicing, keep an eye out for the following signs:
- Irregular Heating – If certain rooms in your home are significantly warmer than others, it could mean your heating system requires professional attention.
- Low Air Flow – If the amount of air delivered from the vents is inadequate, it is a good indication the ductwork is blocked, which is affecting the airflow. There is also a possibility the ducts need to be repaired or adjusted.
- No Heat – If no heat is being produced after you turn on your heating system, it could either be an issue with the thermostat or your pilot light has gone out.
Contact us right away if you spot any of these signs in your heating system.
After we have thoroughly inspected your heating system for problems, one or more of the following maintenance procedures are employed to remedy them as effectively as possible
- Check Thermostat Settings – To ensure the heating system is working efficiently.
- Lubricate Moving Parts – Friction in the motors occurs due to lack of lubrication, and therefore brings about a significant increase in your electricity usage.
- Inspect and Tighten Electrical Wiring – The current and voltage on motors is measured, while loose wiring is tightened to ensure safe operation of your system.
- Check Gas or Oil Connections, Burner Combustion, and Heat Exchanger – Improper operating oil or gas connections can lead to health problems and are a major fire hazard. A cracked heat exchanger or dirty burner causes the heater to function improperly. In both scenarios, the equipment operates less efficiently and poses a safety risk.
The Cost of Heating System Service
Heating systems are complex, and while you may perform maintenance tasks on your own, only an expert can deliver the best results. The average cost for the complete maintenance of a heating system is $200 to $300. However, this may vary according to the heating unit you are currently using.
We would appreciate if you call us and explain the particular issues with your heating system, as it will allow us to provide you an accurate estimate.